The San Gabriel Valley LGBTQ Center is seeking a Volunteer Public Relations Position (PR Intern) to nurture a strong industry network, increase awareness and develop an enviable corporate image by developing and executing effective communication and media relations programs.
About San Gabriel Valley LGBTQ Center
The Center is a small non-profit organization that serves the San Gabriel Valley (SGV) LGBTQ community. Our mission is to foster a safe and inclusive SGV for people of all sexual orientations and gender identities. Our goal is to increase community engagement with LGBTQ Seniors, Transgender individuals and First Generation or Recent Immigrants who identify as LGBTQ. We utilize the following social media outlets: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and our website.
- Develop a marketing communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics.
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking placements in print, broadcast and online media.
- Coordinate all public relations activities.
- Direct social media Intern to engage audiences across traditional and new media
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests.
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis.
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.
- Proven working experience in public relations required
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at a local level
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
- Experience in acting as or preparing a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Submission Deadline: Friday, February 10, 2017 5:00 PM PST
Submit Cover Letter, Resume, and Portfolio to Aaron Saenz email@example.com