The San Gabriel Valley LGBTQ Center “Center” is seeking to fill a Volunteer Social Media Position to attract and interact with the SGV LGBTQ community and stakeholders.
About the San Gabriel Valley LGBTQ Center
The Center is a small non-profit organization that serves the Greater San Gabriel Valley (SGV) LGBTQ community. Our mission is to foster a safe and inclusive SGV for people of all sexual orientations and gender identities. Our goal is to increase community engagement with LGBTQ Seniors, Transgender individuals and First Generation or Recent Immigrants who identify as LGBTQ. We utilize the following social media outlets: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and our website.
- Execute the Center’s Social Media Strategic Plan.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to act.
- Set up and optimize Center accounts within each platform to increase the visibility of the Center’s social content.
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each platform.
- Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information.
- Collaborate and work in alignment with the PR Volunteer Intern and the Center’s Mission.
- Possess an intimate knowledge of the SGV communities (Residing, working or having been raised in the SGV preferred).
- Proven experience in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist.
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge.
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, CRO and SEO
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability.
Submission Deadline: Friday, February 10, 2017 5:00 PM PST
Submit Cover Letter, Resume, and Portfolio to Aaron Saenz email@example.com