The Wrap Group Facilitator-Volunteer position provides opportunities for individuals to use their commitment of time and talents to engage, empower and advocate towards achieving a more equitable society and foster an ever-improving quality of life for the LGBTQ community through facilitating assigned wrap groups hosted at The SGV LGBTQ Center.
The Wrap Group Facilitator-Volunteer position is responsible for facilitating and/or leading assigned group discussions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate Wrap Groups;
- Demonstrate knowledge and expertise in discussion content or topic;
- Communicate planning, implementation, administration and/or evaluation of groups or projects in a timely manner;
- Complete and submit group sign-in sheets;
- Start and end assigned groups or projects on time;
- Set-up and breakdown group or project spaces;
- Request and/or communicate changes in group or project schedules in a timely manner;
- Ensure a welcoming, safe, non-discriminatory, non-judgmental space for new and existing group members; and
- Attend mandatory training (when applicable).
Desired Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Commitment to the mission of The San Gabriel Valley LGBTQ Center to foster a safe and inclusive SGV for people of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
- Comfortable meeting new people and courteous in social situations and with the public;
- Strives for exemplary customer service;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Personal awareness and emotional maturity;
- Responsible, respectful and dependable;
- Group Facilitator experience is a plus, but not required; and
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to work effectively with people of diverse races, ethnicities, ages, sexual orientation, socioeconomic backgrounds, and genders in a multicultural setting and learn about services available to the San Gabriel Valley community.
In addition to a completed volunteer application and General Volunteer Training, Wrap Group Facilitator-Volunteer applicants should submit a resume outlining their skills and experience for the position.